Our tag line at acuitize is
sharp minds sharp visions.
We can and will make a significant
impact on your business. We will help you succeed.
When we were corporate executives,
our professional experience with outside consultants was extremely
disappointing. Generally they provided minimal strategic knowledge
and often were paid to reinforce an existing internal opinion.
Acuitize was founded to be different.
The two Acuitize principals are former Iomega executives
that developed and implemented the strategy which allowed Iomega
to grow from $141 million in sales in 1994 to over $1.2 Billion
in 1996 (the fastest growth from $100 million to $1 billion
dollars in the history of American business)! Today well over 50
million Zip drives and over 300 million Zip disks are installed
worldwide. In 1995, Iomega was the fastest growing stock traded on any US exchange (growing from a spilt adjusted 25 cents/share to a peak of $55/share).
We partner with selected companies and leverage an improved version of the incredibly successful processes we brought to and managed at Iomega. Our experience allows us to help companies maximize the potential of their innovations. We show companies how to eliminate mistakes that make the difference between success and failure. Our proven principals are straight-forward but often radically different than the practices we see at many of the companies we work with.
Customer research, for example, is a process wrought with complications and misperceptions. We believe that the vast majority of customer research organizations don’t understand how to accomplish this fundamentally important process. The process we use is likely the single most important activity we believe that companies should undertake. Done correctly, it will ensure they develop the right products, at the right time, and at the right prices. Done incorrectly, the time wasted is often the least expensive mistake that occurs.
In addition to working with you to
develop your company's strategy, we train your team in our
methods so they are able to update and refine this strategy.
As stated by Kuan-tzu, a Chinese Philosopher, "If you give
a man a fish he will have a single meal. If you teach him how
to fish, he will eat all his life."
The tools we leave behind will allow
your team to continue the process into the future.
Acuitize was founded in 2000 by George
Meyer and Tony Radman. Both Mr.
Meyer and Mr. Radman have held high-level management positions
at a number of companies including IBM, Hewlett-Packard, SUN
Microsystems, and most recently Iomega (both Tony & George left Iomage in 1999).
Tony Radman was one of the founders of Iomega. Before his departure in 2000, he had held, at one time or another, nearly every significant executive position at the company. In fact, he chaired the committee that developed the strategy to engineer Iomega’s remarkable success. Mr. Radman left IBM to help found Iomega in 1980.
Some of Mr. Radman’s career highlights:
- Corporate officer of publicly traded company for 17 1/2 years
- Chairman of Corporate Strategy committee
- Orchestrated nearly every major international Iomega strategic partnership
- Conceived and implemented the Zip licensing strategy (Matsushita, NEC, Toshiba, etc.)
- Personal relationships with 100’s of high level technology executives
Coordinated Iomega’s multi-year worldwide litigation and settlement efforts against a French company that was producing a knock-off of Iomega’s Zip Disks.
- Holder of numerous patents
George Meyer joined Iomega in 1994 with a marketing and technology background from management positions at Hewlett-Packard and SUN Microsystems. Mr. Meyer directly managed both the Zip and Jaz product lines from their initial conception to volume shipments. Mr. Meyer also served as a key member of the executive team that developed Iomega’s turn-around strategy.
Some of Mr. Meyer’s career highlights:
- ISC/SUN Microsystems – Director of Marketing
- Co-managed the SUN acquisition of INTERACTIVE Systems Corp
- Iomega - Director of Product Marketing (disk products)
• P&L responsibility for all disk based products (e.g. Zip & Jaz)
• Authored the original Zip Marketing Requirements Document
- Senior Director of Strategic Marketing
• Focused on spearheading drive for OEM adoption of Zip
• Brought OEM business from 1% to 50%
- General Manager Iomega Software
• Managed 100 person R&D & Marketing software team
- Key member of Iomega’s corporate strategy committee
- Holder of numerous patents